How can you sum up your thoughts when they consist only of admiration for the stunning graphics and engaging story? I always find it hard to write a review when there are no negative aspects about a book - well, a graphic novel in this case.This was so beautiful
- it made me want to cover up my boring walls with its pages
- it made me cry like a child who wants more chocolate
- I never want these issues to stop coming out
- I want to wrap myself in it and cry
- it makes me want to drop anything and learn how to draw like this
- I have no words for itThe story
You know about gods, right? The gods as in those gods different people used to believe in a long long time ago. Gods like Amaterasu, Morrigan and the like. Yeah, well they resurrect as teenagers every 90 years, make people either love or hate them and die two years later. This time they're (pop, rock) stars. Laura is a mega fangirl and follows them around only to be wrapped up in their scandalous lives - someone kills a human judge and one of the Goddesses is framed ( or is she the murderer?). Laura is convinced of her innocence and tries to sort things out.
I'm not even sure what made me love this so much. Probably the artwork though. A new series I will be sure to follow, with well-thought storyline and intriguing characters. What can I say? I am hooked!
Recommended to any adult who loves graphic novels.Want to support my work as a reviewer? Give this review a like